There are many reasons to consider becoming your own boss. Burnout from climbing the corporate ladder is real. A better sense of work life balance could be driving you to investigate other career opportunities. The pandemic may have given you a new perspective on work. Or maybe you’re just craving a change and want to map out your own future.
You’re in good company. According to FranSmart, there are over 753,000 franchise organizations in the United States. The first franchising happened in 1851 when Isaac Singer sold salespeople the right to sell his sewing machines to customers for their own use. Now, franchising has become a way for entrepreneurs to pave their own financial future.
The International Franchise Association has three questions you should ponder as you considering taking the next steps to owning your own business:
- Do I have what it takes to start my own business?
- Do I have what it takes to become a franchisee?
- Do I have the answers I need about the franchise I’m considering?
This time of exploring and discovery is exciting. As you look into different options, keep in mind that it isn’t important that you’ve worked in the industry that you’re considering. Your resume doesn’t need to reflect the skills of the company that catches your eye. Rather, it is important that you have characteristics that many business owners share. Let’s deep dive into those traits that will help you thrive as a business owner.
- Are you a strong leader? If you’re the person who gets things done, inspires others to do their very best and has a natural affinity for guiding both coworkers and employees to excel, you should be considering franchise ownership.
- If you are someone who networks in line at the local coffee shop as well as at community events, small business ownership is right for you. As the face of a franchise, every interaction is the opportunity to move your business forward.
- Do you enjoy creating the culture of a workplace from the ground up? If your career dreams involve setting internal standards, hiring the right people to ramp up and establishing best practices to retain your team, you could be the perfect fit to become a franchise owner.
Boost Home Healthcare is looking for pioneering entrepreneurs who can make their mark with an emerging brand in a regulated system. We help you navigate it to become the success you’ve always dreamed of. Our proven track record and attractive available territories make this skilled nursing services operation one to explore while opportunities are still available. Become a Boost Home Healthcare franchisee and fully experience the freedom of becoming your own boss.