When it comes to a loved one’s recovery, we want the best: top medical care, personal attention, affordability, convenience, communication, and comfort. Skilled nursing is an option that brings it all together. Wondering why skilled nursing may be the right route to help you or a loved one on the path to independence? See the top six benefits of skilled home health and nursing care.
- Expert care right at home. When someone is recovering, what they often crave most is the comfort of home. Skilled nursing care brings an unparalleled level of expertise and professionalism right to you. Our nurses deliver the same care you’d get in a medical facility with the added benefits of being in a safe, familiar space and comfortable surroundings.
- Personalization. Everyone has unique healthcare needs. And when your loved one is recovering, you want someone to treat them as an individual, not a number. Skilled nurses work closely with healthcare professionals to develop personalized care plans tailored to your loved one’s specific needs and preferences. They get to know an individual and their story, customizing one-on-one care and attention to enhance the healing journey.
- Coordination and communication. Effective recovery involves more than just an individual and a medical professional. It includes a network of doctors, nurses, therapists and social workers, working collaboratively to ensure the best outcomes. A top benefit of skilled nursing care is frequent and transparent communication between your loved one and their larger medical team. When everyone is on the same page with treatment goals and steps, the outcome is more productive.
- Rehabilitation and therapy services. For individuals recovering from surgery or injury, or managing chronic conditions, skilled nursing care offers access to rehabilitation and therapy services. Physical, occupational, and speech therapy can help your loved one regain strength and mobility as they get on the path to independence. A skilled nurse will help assess your loved one’s needs and coordinate rehabilitation and therapy services.
- Emotional support. Beyond medical care, skilled nursing professionals provide one-on-one emotional support and companionship. This personalized care contributes to a sense of comfort, friendship, and security during short-term recovery at home.
- Affordable care. Many families are surprised to find out that skilled nursing care is an affordable option for them. In fact, the majority of patients experience little or no out-of-pocket costs when they use Medicare and Medicare Advantage, Medicaid/state-managed Medicaid programs, VA benefits, workers compensation, long-term care insurance, private pay or insurance billing.
After learning the countless benefits of skilled nursing care, are you interested in finding out more? Boost Home Healthcare is rapidly growing and expanding into regions across the country. Find a location to get started with expert skilled nursing care at home.